News & Resources
Historic RICO Case Against Tobacco Companies Hits Milestone: Ten Years Later, Little Has Changed for the Industry
Statement by Cynthia Hallett, MPH, President and CEO - August 17, 2016 - Ten years ago today, U.S. District Judge Gladys Kessler ruled that the major cigarette companies had formed an illegal "enterprise" to defraud the American people, in violation of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act.
- Secondhand Marijuana Smoke - ANR's fact sheet on the health risks of exposure to secondhand marijuana smoke.
- Read about ALEC, CCF, the US Chamber, & more
- Smokefree News Archive
- Research Alert - A new study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine examined rates of secondhand smoke (SHS) exposure and smokefree housing rules among residents of multiunit housing.
- Preemption Watch - The weekly summary of new U.S. state bills is available on Protect Local Control.
- View our Smokefree Lists and Maps
- View our Model Laws and Policies
- Calendar of Events
- Tobacco Industry Tracking Database©
Information is power. Learn the truth about...
How are you exposed to secondhand smoke? Find out how to protect yourself...